Discussion Moderators, Forum Mods or Chat Mods, are users that watch over the forums, blogs and chat by making sure topics are posted in the correct forum, removing inappropriate threads and blogs, editing out image violations, helping users by answering questions, and keep the watch over the chat room and have the power to kick and ban users.
- Reporting vandalism to an admin in their talkpage. In the event that an admin is unable to block a vandal, place a warning on the vandal's talk page. This may discourage further vandalism.
- Maintain an overall mature and friendly demeanor when interacting with other editors.
- Practice diplomacy when users make mistakes.
- Pointing new users to policies and guidelines when necessary.
- Keep watch over the forums by deleting inappropriate topics and posts.
- Editing out policy violations (inappropriate image uploads, long pyramid quotes) from user topics and posts.
- Moving threads to the correct forum.
- Tagging threads with a correct topic.
- Closing troublesome threads when they get out of hand.
- Keep an eye on the chat and make sure the chat's guidelines are being followed.
- Resolve conflict diplomatically.
- Issue a warning before kicking/banning a disruptive user from chat.
- Maintain an overall mature and friendly demeanor when interacting with other users.
- Answer questions regarding editing and policies.
- Removing and restoring threads and replies from any user.
- Closing and reopening threads.
- In the Forum feature specifically, moderators also have the ability to manage Forum boards, move threads from one board to another, and highlight and un-highlight threads.
- Moderating chat.
- Deleting blog comments.
- Editing and deleting article comments.